Youth advisory council
The Centre’s youth advisory council (YAC) serves as an opportunity to build on the capacity of young people. The purpose of YAC is to give voice and act on issues that are important to youth and to contribute to the fulfillment of the Centre’s mandate. The Centre’s YAC collaborates with the youth engagement team (youth advisors and manager of engagement/standards) to ensure that the Centre’s policies, approaches and initiatives are youth-accessible and responsive to the evolving needs of young people.
The role of the Centre's YAC includes:
- Advising on the Centre’s strategic directions and activities
- Empowering youth representatives to lead and inform key decisions in the development, implementation and evaluation of Centre initiatives
- Building meaningful, professional relationships between council members
- Augmenting the capacity of the youth engagement team by acting as a mechanism for project support, when needed
- Ensuring alignment with the Centre’s strategic advisory council through a consistent youth liaison representing both councils