Youth Wellness Hubs – collaborating for the future
The Centre is working in partnership with the the Provincial System Support Program (PSSP) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) and the Margaret and Wallace McCain Centre for Child, Youth & Family Mental Health in supporting the identification, implementation and evaluation of nine youth hub pilot sites through the recently announced Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario initiative.
To lay the groundwork for this process, a first engagement session was hosted in Toronto on July 12, 2017. At that time we heard from 53 youth and families who provided input on:
- the types of services that could be offered in a youth hub,
- how youth and families should be involved in the design and creation of the hubs, and
- how we can ensure the hubs contribute to youth and family friendly communities
Planning is currently underway for three Northern engagement sessions with key stakeholders (youth and families) to help create a vision for these hubs and to identify their essential elements. We invite youth and families who live in Northern Ontario to attend one of the following events. We encourage you to register for the event nearest you.
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017, Clarion Inn Lakeside, Kenora
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017, Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suites, Thunder Bay
- Thursday, August 17, 2017, Senator Hotel and Conference Centre Timmins, Timmins