Innovation Initiatives 2019
The Centre's Innovation Initiatives grant, now entering its third cycle, is designed to help Ontario's child and youth mental health changemakers grow evidence around practical, innovative solutions to the sectors trickiest challenges and drive change to improve system performance.
These grants provide up to $50,000 to try new things, collaborate in non-traditional ways, test promising ideas and stretch the boundaries of existing evidence to improve the quality and accessibility of child and youth mental health services in Ontario.
This year, up to 6 grants will be awarded for an 18-month term (April 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020) to pilot promising practices to increase access to child and youth mental health services in Ontario.
Lead and core service agencies providing child and youth mental health services in Ontario are eligible to apply. Successful agencies will receive coaching/consultation to implement and evaluate innovative, promising practices aimed to address important system access priorities. Specific supports will be tailored to each setting.
Innovation Initiative submissions must:
- be submitted by a MOHLTC-funded lead or core service agency providing child and youth mental health services.
- be an evidence-informed approach with high potential for improving access to mental health services for children and youth in Ontario.
- demonstrate potential for impact on the broader child and youth mental health system in Ontario.
- demonstrate partnership within the broader community/service area. Priority will be given to proposals showing clear collaboration among lead and core agencies and/or cross-sectoral partners.
- include meaningful and appropriate engagement of children, youth and/or family members in design, implementation and evaluation plans.
Lead and core service providing agencies that have received grants in both preceding cycles of the Innovation Initiatives (2017-18 and 2018-2019) will not be permitted to participate in this cycle of the grant.
Submission deadline: January 7, 2019
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!